Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Trying again!

I'm going to try to show up a little more frequently!

Quick update: I am still in school and actually enjoying it. I participated in the Negotiation Competition and the First Year Moot Court competition this summer while taking 4 classes and trying to stay sane! The summer term was the first time my son actually said "I hate law school" to me--and he said it about once a week! I am also still working at an optical store as the part-time manager BUT I am hoping to get a job in the law field within the next 6 months...at least try to!

Financially my life sucks right now...you'd think that I would be flush with money but no; work cut my hours and I made a major mistake with my online checking system this summer that I didn't catch in time. THe mistake ended up costing me more than I could have ever anticipated so my new loan $ had to go toward fixing it. Now my basement is getting cleaned out and all of my craft supplies are all over my living room...I am planning to sell baby stuff--quilts and supplies online and at craft sales this term--as if I wasn't already busy enough! (but look for a posting regarding an Etsy store soon!)

As if that wasn't enough, now that I am a 2L, I have been trying to decide what to do with my legal career. Originally I thought I wanted to get into juvenille law but now I don't know...our Tax prof is a huge advocate for woman in tax law and her experiences and advice is pretty inspiring. I have an appointment with the career office soon to try to figure stuff out...I never thought that at 33 I would be questioning what to do with the rest of my life!

1 comment:

LawMama said...

Hello - I really enjoy reading your blog. I am a Fall 2010 law school hopeful, and a mom as well! I have linked you to my blog.

http://lawschoolmadre.blogspot.com